ENTHUSIASTS AND GEARHEADS WANTED
If you’re passionate about cycling, we might have a position for you at Cane Creek. The environment in our North Carolina facility is progressive, fun and full of opportunity. So if you think you’re a good fit for Cane Creek, we want to hear from you. Here are several reasons why its a great idea to join the team:
- On-site fitness area
- Midday lunch rides
- We are a company dedicated to being a steward for our community and environment
- Passionate team members who love what they do
- On-site bike shop
- On-site pump track
- Employee purchase perks
- For the love of coffee, we keep you caffeinated all day!
- Fido friendly facility
- Training and advancement opportunities
- We are employee owned. Through the ESOP employees get to share in the growth of the company.
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Job Description – Design Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
The Design Engineer is responsible for the support of all existing Cane Creek products and ensuring that the products continue to set and advance the industry standards and benchmarks. The Design Engineer will maintain and enhance existing products and continually improve processes associated with manufacturing, testing, sourcing, quality control, and customer service support. He/She will direct and coordinate for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of projects within the engineering department.
- Refining and updating products throughout Cane Creek’s categories with creative and reliable designs
- Creating original design work that involves manufacturability, capability, and material selection
- Serve as a technical resource to other departments
- Facilitating sourcing and/or fabrication of prototypes, first articles, as well as vendor relations and prototype testing
- Identifying features/dimensions/parts, measurements and/or certification, and documentation of incoming parts and working with production to ensure that they meet specifications
- Providing engineering support to production
- Developing and executing quality project plans and timelines for product enhancements and refinements
- Maintain related documentation (Standard Work Procedures, BOMs, Deviation Requests, Engineering Change Notices, etc.)
- Researching and developing ideas and processes for new products
- Planning and formulating engineering projects and organizing project staff and requirements
- Reviewing product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer requirements, and related specifications
- Coordinating activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving design and test problems
- Using engineering principles to develop analytical models used to predict product performance
- BSME or equivalent
- 5 – 8 years of previous experience
- Experience with fluid systems (seals, bushings, etc.)
- Professional level capabilities in 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferred) and PDM systems
- Professional level experience with ERP systems and BOMs
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A love of cycling and industry knowledge is preferred
- Valid Passport – domestic and international travel is likely
Job Description – Sales Representative
Reports to: President
The Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining and growing business with customers through a variety of account activities, exceptional customer support and the utilization of technical product knowledge. He/she will be responsible for achieving revenue objectives through penetration of existing accounts, acquisition of new accounts, and introduction/innovation of new products. The Sales Rep is responsible for strategically positioning and driving sales as a market leader. He/she will execute the sales strategies and activities that address current dynamics and are in alignment with overall goals to deliver volume, profit, and “brand health”.
- Interact with customers/prospects for the purpose of marketing and selling, evaluating performance and strength, negotiating agreements, supporting customer product integration, and sales planning and forecasting.
- Attend industry events to provide sales support, generate leads, evaluate sales activities, strategies, and strengths of competitors, identify new market and customer opportunities and evaluate the success and perception of Cane Creek products.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships. Maintain customer files and information in database.
- Generate ideas through a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics resulting in accomplishing/exceeding sales goals.
- Review and compare monthly sales results to goals and take corrective action where necessary and provide ongoing sales forecast and field intelligence required to adjust plan tactics as needed.
- Provide sales input and forecasts for annual planning process.
- Present, promote and sell products using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers.
- Recommend pricing programs to remain competitive. Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Define and lead strategies through coordination with business development, sales, marketing, and product management and engineering teams that will deliver innovative solutions for key customers and grow the business in line with company goals and objectives.
- Identify and manage opportunities for sales process improvement.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products.
- Operate as an ambassador of Cane Creek Cycling Components. Positively represent the company and products serving as the face of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3+ years of successful sales experience
- Results-oriented with a proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to take initiative and self-manage
- Ability to establish and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to present and sell to all levels of an organization
- Strong customer-focused orientation
- High energy team player with strong social skills
- Willing to travel worldwide. A road warrior and hunter spirit
- A love of cycling and industry knowledge is preferred
Job Description – Purchasing Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Sourcing & Supply
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for placing daily orders based on usage and predetermined minimum and maximum inventory levels. He/she will also assist with following up on orders placed and backorders, keeping the information current and accurate in the operating system.
- Support Accounts Payable on resolution of vendor payment issues when necessary.
- Create and submit all purchase orders to vendors based off of entered and generated forecasts.
- Assist with purchasing raw materials, packaging, and subcontracted products and services.
- Assist with logistic reports for costing purposes of raw materials, packaging, products, and shipping.
- Coordinate carrier pick up and shipping schedules for domestic and overseas shipments and manage data entry for shipping documents.
- Consult catalogs and other references to obtain specifications and prices.
- Maintain files and records of materials and prices.
- Maintain computer based information to prepare purchase orders.
- Contact vendors and suppliers and follow up on outstanding purchase orders.
- Resolve pricing discrepancies with vendors; follows up on delivery and quality issues.
- Manage inventory of general office supplies and place routine orders based on usage
- Insure tariff codes are up to date and accurate.
- Work closely with the Sales and Operations departments to update availability of parts.
- 2+ years of purchasing experience.
- Detail oriented.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Solid judgment along with decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A love of cycling and industry knowledge is preferred.