Enthusiasts and Gearheads Wanted
If you're passionate about cycling, we might have a position for you at Cane Creek. The environment in our North Carolina facility is progressive, fun and full of opportunity. So if you think you're a good fit for Cane Creek, we want to hear from you. Here are several reasons why its a great idea to join the team:
- On-site fitness area
- Midday lunch rides
- We are a company dedicated to being a steward for our community and environment
- Passionate team members who love what they do
- On-site bike shop
- On-site pump track
- Employee purchase perks
- For the love of coffee, we keep you caffeinated all day!
- Fido friendly facility
- Training and advancement opportunities
- We are employee owned. Through the ESOP employees get to share in the growth of the company.
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Job Title: Sales Manager
Reports to: President
The Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing business with customers through a variety of account activities, exceptional customer support and the utilization of technical product knowledge. He/she will be responsible for achieving revenue objectives through penetration of existing accounts, acquisition of new accounts, and introduction/innovation of new products. The Sales Manager is responsible for strategically positioning and driving sales as a market leader.
- Overall accountability for and ownership of product sales.
- Interact with customers/prospects for the purpose of marketing and selling, evaluating performance and strength, negotiating agreements, supporting customer product integration, and sales planning and forecasting.
- Attend industry events to provide sales support, generate leads, evaluate sales activities, strategies and strengths of competitors, identify new market and customer opportunities and evaluate the success and perception of Cane Creek products.
- Maintain customer files and information in database.
- Review and compare monthly sales results to goals and take corrective action where necessary and provide ongoing sales forecast and field intelligence required to adjust plan tactics as needed.
- Provide sales input and forecasts for annual planning process.
- Interface with other departments to provide customer feedback on product performance.
- Recommend pricing programs to remain competitive.
- Interface with QA regarding any observed or reported quality/safety issues.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate with partners and customers to become an early partner in their product development projects.
- Define and lead strategies through coordination with business development, sales, marketing, and product management and engineering teams that will deliver innovative solutions for key customers and grow the business in line with company goals and objectives.
- Operate as an ambassador of Cane Creek Cycling Components. Positively represent the company and products serving as the face of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 10+ years of successful sales experience
- Results-oriented with a proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to take initiative and self-manage
- Ability to establish and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to present and sell to all levels of an organization
- Strong customer-focused orientation
- High energy team player with strong social skills
- Willing to travel world-wide, up to 75%
- A love of cycling and industry knowledge is required