ENTHUSIASTS AND GEARHEADS WANTED
If you’re passionate about cycling, we might have a position for you at Cane Creek. The environment in our North Carolina facility is progressive, fun and full of opportunity. So if you think you’re a good fit for Cane Creek, we want to hear from you. Here are several reasons why its a great idea to join the team:
- On-site fitness area
- Midday lunch rides
- We are a company dedicated to being a steward for our community and environment
- Passionate team members who love what they do
- On-site bike shop
- On-site pump track
- Employee purchase perks
- For the love of coffee, we keep you caffeinated all day!
- Fido friendly facility
- Training and advancement opportunities
- We are employee owned. Through the ESOP employees get to share in the growth of the company.
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Job Description – Design Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
The Design Engineer is responsible for the support of all existing Cane Creek products and ensuring that the products continue to set and advance the industry standards and benchmarks. The Design Engineer will maintain and enhance existing products and continually improve processes associated with manufacturing, testing, sourcing, quality control, and customer service support. He/She will direct and coordinate for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of projects within the engineering department.
- Refining and updating products throughout Cane Creek’s categories with creative and reliable designs
- Creating original design work that involves manufacturability, capability, and material selection
- Serve as a technical resource to other departments
- Facilitating sourcing and/or fabrication of prototypes, first articles, as well as vendor relations and prototype testing
- Identifying features/dimensions/parts, measurements and/or certification, and documentation of incoming parts and working with production to ensure that they meet specifications
- Providing engineering support to production
- Developing and executing quality project plans and timelines for product enhancements and refinements
- Maintain related documentation (Standard Work Procedures, BOMs, Deviation Requests, Engineering Change Notices, etc.)
- Researching and developing ideas and processes for new products
- Planning and formulating engineering projects and organizing project staff and requirements
- Reviewing product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer requirements, and related specifications
- Coordinating activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving design and test problems
- Using engineering principles to develop analytical models used to predict product performance
- BSME or equivalent
- 5 – 8 years of previous experience
- Experience with fluid systems (seals, bushings, etc.)
- Professional level capabilities in 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferred) and PDM systems
- Professional level experience with ERP systems and BOMs
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A love of cycling and industry knowledge is preferred
- Valid Passport – domestic and international travel is likely
Job Description – Sales Manager
Reports to: President
The Sales Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing business with customers through a variety of account activities, exceptional customer support and the utilization of technical product knowledge. He/she will be responsible for achieving revenue objectives through penetration of existing accounts, acquisition of new accounts, and introduction/innovation of new products. The Sales Manager is responsible for strategically positioning and driving sales as a market leader. He/she will execute the sales strategies and activities that address current dynamics and are in alignment with overall goals to deliver volume, profit, and “brand health”.
- Interact with customers/prospects for the purpose of marketing and selling, evaluating performance and strength, negotiating agreements, supporting customer product integration, and sales planning and forecasting.
- Attend industry events to provide sales support, generate leads, evaluate sales activities, strategies and strengths of competitors, identify new market and customer opportunities and evaluate the success and perception of Cane Creek products.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships. Maintain customer files and information in database.
- Generate ideas through a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics resulting in accomplishing/exceeding sales goals.
- Review and compare monthly sales results to goals and take corrective action where necessary and provide ongoing sales forecast and field intelligence required to adjust plan tactics as needed.
- Provide sales input and forecasts for annual planning process.
- Present, promote and sell products using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers.
- Recommend pricing programs to remain competitive. Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
- Define and lead strategies through coordination with business development, sales, marketing, and product management and engineering teams that will deliver innovative solutions for key customers and grow the business in line with company goals and objectives.
- Identify and manage opportunities for sales process improvement.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products.
- Operate as an ambassador of Cane Creek Cycling Components. Positively represent the company and products serving as the face of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 10+ years of successful sales experience
- Results-oriented with a proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to take initiative and self-manage
- Ability to establish and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to present and sell to all levels of an organization
- Strong customer-focused orientation
- High energy team player with strong social skills
- Willing to travel world-wide, up to 75%
- A love of cycling and industry knowledge is preferred
Job Description – Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing Director
Under the direction of our Marketing Director, the Marketing Coordinator will be involved in all marketing, promotional, public relations, advertising, sponsorship, social media and sales support initiatives. The Marketing Coordinator will partner with key stakeholders in the organization to implement effective marketing programs and drive dynamic growth within Cane Creek Cycling Components.
- Manage day-to-day social media with frequent posts highlighting all areas of the company – from product to culture.
- Conduct research and analysis of new social media trends, sites, tools, and make recommendations for how best to support our brand.
- Maintain and implement a flexible schedule for content on the website homepage.
- Maintain and manage the marketing database of photographs, videos, one-sheets and other sales support documents.
- Ensure that website content is fresh and up to date. This includes improving and expanding the self-help tools on the site such as videos and FAQ’s
- Field questions and respond to comments on social media, field emails from the sponsorship and marketing email addresses and help with customer service emails as needed.
- Work with sales to develop support documents including quick-link emails, slide presentations, leave behind documents and one-sheets.
- Leverage content from sponsored riders to use on social media and web
- Organize regular photoshoots to keep our image database up to date.
- Design web and social media graphics or work with a graphic designer to ensure those graphics are completed while staying on budget
- Assist with photo and video shoots including working independently with freelance photographers and videographers
- Take part in short-term planning and long-term vision development for marketing initiatives in alignment with the company mission.
- Coordinate with the company’s internal departments, marketing staff, and external consultants.
- Provide support for any other marketing task as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A love of cycling is required; industry knowledge is not.
- Two years+ of professional work experience.
- Willingness to travel to special events and tradeshows nationwide and possibly international.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google, Social media platforms
- Experience coordinating projects with cross-functional departments and third-party providers.
- Superior communication skills; ability to effectively work with others internally and externally
- Ideal candidate is resourceful, innovative, collaborative, enthusiastic, creative, outgoing, passionate about success, and willing to pitch-in at all levels for the benefit of the team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a crucial part of the success of this position, specifically the ability to present ideas and information clearly, personify the voice of a customer, and adjust tone and nuance with the audience in mind