Enthusiasts and Gearheads Wanted
If you're passionate about cycling, we might have a position for you at Cane Creek. The environment in our North Carolina facility is progressive, fun and full of opportunity. So if you think you're a good fit for Cane Creek, we want to hear from you. Here are several reasons why its a great idea to join the team:
- On-site fitness area
- Midday lunch rides
- We are a company dedicated to being a steward for our community and environment
- Passionate team members who love what they do
- On-site bike shop
- On-site pump track
- Employee purchase perks
- For the love of coffee, we keep you caffeinated all day!
- Fido friendly facility
- Training and advancement opportunities
- We are employee owned. Through the ESOP employees get to share in the growth of the company.
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
director of marketing
Reports to: President
The Director of Marketing is a member of the executive team responsible for brand development through conceptualizing and implementing the global marketing strategy, positioning, tactics and programs to create interest, demand and recognition for Cane Creek Cycling Components and its products. The Director of Marketing will manage the marketing department to oversee the execution of projects focused on achieving brand and business goals utilizing: Public Relations, Product Marketing, Digital Marketing, Creative Services, Advertising, Strategic Relationships, Direct, Event, and Online Marketing. The Director of Marketing will develop and oversee a strategy to support business growth and to ensure brand equity and awareness within the industry.
- Plan, organize and manage all B2B and B2C marketing activities Cane Creek.
- Formulate and implement the marketing policies and objectives within the company.
- Oversee marketing communication including branding, public relations, advertising and other marketing materials.
- Create and manage annual strategic and tactical marketing plan and ensure timely and effective execution of the marketing tactics and programs.
- Measure the effectiveness of the marketing department and implement improvements.
- Lead and manage: Direct Marketing, PR, Advertising, Online Marketing, Product Management, Channel Marketing, Event Marketing, Sponsorship, and Creative Services.
- Manage and create marketing tactics to ensure the proper amount and type of media coverage for all communication, product reviews, and advertising to raise awareness and ensure consistent corporate and product branding and image.
- Participate in creating strategic partnerships, alliances and bundles that ensure Cane Creek is highly visible and properly positioned and referenced.
- Work closely with sales managers to ensure optimal support of/and alignment with sales initiatives and strategy.
- Perform all trade show and event planning and execution for international and domestic events.
- Manage marketing plans and projects for new and existing products.
- Create and maintain a consistent look and feel among all collateral materials. Oversee the design of related materials and products.
- Manage project budgets and deliver marketing activity within agreed budget.
- Responsible for the coordination of all product launch and event planning.
- Establish, seed and strengthen brand equity, while clearly communicating our unique selling proposition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, and/or related fields.
- 5+ of experience Marketing and/or related fields
- Experience coordinating projects with cross-functional departments and third-party providers.
- Superior communication skills; ability to effectively work with others internally and externally
- Ideal candidate is resourceful, innovative, collaborative, enthusiastic, creative, outgoing, passionate about achieving success, and willing to pitch-in at all levels for the benefit of the team.
- Active outdoor lifestyle orientation is necessary; experience with cycling preferred.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
The Design Engineer is responsible for the support of all existing Cane Creek products and ensuring that the products continue to set and advance the industry standards and benchmarks. The Design Engineer will maintain and enhance existing products and continually improve processes associated with manufacturing, testing, sourcing, quality control, and customer service support.
- Refining and updating products throughout Cane Creek’s categories with creative and reliable designs
- Creating original design work that involves manufacturability, capability, and material selection
- Serve as a technical resource to other departments
- Assisting with facilitating sourcing and/or fabrication of prototypes, first articles, as well as vendor relations and prototype testing
- Identifying features/dimensions/parts, measurements and/or certification, and documentation of incoming parts and working with production to ensure that they meet specifications
- Providing engineering support to production
- Supporting and executing quality project plans and timelines for product enhancements and refinements
- Maintain related documentation (Standard Work Procedures, BOMs, Deviation Requests, Engineering Change Notices, etc.)
- Performing appropriate testing on product designs to meet relevant code and approval requirements
- Providing support for activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving design and test problems
- Assisting with reviewing product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards and customer requirements, and related specifications
- Using engineering principles to develop analytical models used to predict product performance
- BSME or equivalent
- Experience with hydraulics
- Professional level capabilities in 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferred) and PDM systems
- Professional level experience with ERP systems and BOMs
- Strong problem solving skills
- Manufacturing experience and general mechanical aptitude preferred
- A love of cycling and industry knowledge is preferred
- Valid Passport – domestic and international travel is likely