Enthusiasts and Gearheads Wanted
If you're passionate about cycling, we might have a position for you at Cane Creek. The environment in our North Carolina facility is progressive, fun and full of opportunity. So if you think you're a good fit for Cane Creek, we want to hear from you. Here are several reasons why its a great idea to join the team:
- On-site fitness area
- Midday lunch rides
- We are a company dedicated to being a steward for our community and environment
- Passionate team members who love what they do
- On-site bike shop
- On-site pump track
- Employee purchase perks
- For the love of coffee, we keep you caffeinated all day!
- Fido friendly facility
- Training and advancement opportunities
- We are employee owned. Through the ESOP employees get to share in the growth of the company.
Resumes may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently have positions available for:
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Reports to: VP, Engineering and Product Development
The Senior Product Engineer will be responsible for the engineering support of all existing Cane Creek products. Cane Creek’s bicycle suspension products and headset products set industry performance and reliability benchmarks in their respective categories. The Senior Product Engineer will ensure that Cane Creek products continue to set and advance these benchmarks. This will require maintaining and enhancing existing products and continual improvement of processes associated with manufacturing, testing, sourcing, quality control, and customer service support.
- Product Development - This position requires refining and updating products throughout Cane Creek’s categories for continuous improvement. This role will have engineering responsibility over all existing products and will be the primary interface between manufacturing and engineering for all existing products. There is open opportunity for bringing your own ideas to market and it is an expected part of the position that you bring creativity and innovation to expand/improve current product offerings.
- Product Design - The design component of this position will involve fundamental engineering analysis, 3D model and drawing preparation, design for manufacturability, design for capability, and material selection.
- Manufacturing Support – This senior engineering role will provide the primary engineering support to the manufacturing department.
- Product and Tooling Prototyping - The prototyping component will require sourcing and/or fabrication of prototypes, first articles, as well as vendor relations and prototype testing.
- Internal Quality Control – This position will work closely with manufacturing personnel to ensure that critical features/dimensions/parts of incoming parts/assemblies meet specifications. This involves identifying such critical features/dimensions/parts, measurement and/or certification, and documentation.
Other Key Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Support engineering needs of production, including maintenance of current products and tooling, and design of new tooling.
- Create and adhere to project plans and timelines for product enhancements and refinements that align with overall Cane Creek company objectives and timelines.
- This position will likely require domestic travel as well as international travel to Asia and Europe (a valid passport is required).
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Shipping/Receiving, Sales, and Customer Service to prevent, anticipate, and resolve quality control issues.
- Management – as this position grows in responsibility, managing other technicians and engineers will become a critical responsibility.
- Maintain documentation including: Standard Work Procedures, BOMs,Deviation Requests, Engineering Change Notices, etc.
- Stay up to date with innovations in the bicycle industry.
- Be a representative of Cane Creek to people outside the company in a manner consistent with Cane Creek’s brand and core values.
- BSME or equivalent
- Significant (5+ years) experience with fluid systems (hydraulic/pneumatic, static and dynamic seals, surface finish requirements of dynamic fluid components, preferably experience with hydraulic shock absorbers.
- Professional level capabilities in 3D CAD software (SolidWorks a plus; analysis skills a plus) and PDM systems
- Professional level experience with ERP systems and BOMs
- Strong engineering analysis and problem solving skills with an appreciation for long term robust solutions.
- Motivated, self-starter able to be independently productive in open environment
- Able to “wear many hats” in a mid-sized corporate role
- Able to manage multiple project tasks efficiently and prioritize based on long-term schedules
- Hands on approach to engineering (mechanically inclined)
- Good communication skills
Salary commensurate with experience and potential.