Enthusiasts and Gearheads Wanted
If you're passionate about cycling, we might have a position for you at Cane Creek. The environment in our North Carolina facility is progressive, fun and full of opportunity. So if you think you're a good fit for Cane Creek, we want to hear from you.Cane Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Resumes may be submitted to email@example.com
We currently have positions available for:
GENERAL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Reports to: VP, Engineering and Product Development
The Senior Product Engineer will be responsible for the engineering support of all existing Cane Creek products. Cane Creek’s bicycle suspension products and headset products set industry performance and reliability benchmarks in their respective categories. The Senior Product Engineer will ensure that Cane Creek products continue to set and advance these benchmarks. This will require maintaining and enhancing existing products and continual improvement of processes associated with manufacturing, testing, sourcing, quality control, and customer service support.
- Product Development - This position requires refining and updating products throughout Cane Creek’s categories for continuous improvement. This role will have engineering responsibility over all existing products and will be the primary interface between manufacturing and engineering for all existing products. There is open opportunity for bringing your own ideas to market and it is an expected part of the position that you bring creativity and innovation to expand/improve current product offerings.
- Product Design - The design component of this position will involve fundamental engineering analysis, 3D model and drawing preparation, design for manufacturability, design for capability, and material selection.
- Manufacturing Support – This senior engineering role will provide the primary engineering support to the manufacturing department.
- Product and Tooling Prototyping - The prototyping component will require sourcing and/or fabrication of prototypes, first articles, as well as vendor relations and prototype testing.
- Internal Quality Control – This position will work closely with manufacturing personnel to ensure that critical features/dimensions/parts of incoming parts/assemblies meet specifications. This involves identifying such critical features/dimensions/parts, measurement and/or certification, and documentation.
Other Key Tasks/Essential Functions:
- Support engineering needs of production, including maintenance of current products and tooling, and design of new tooling.
- Create and adhere to project plans and timelines for product enhancements and refinements that align with overall Cane Creek company objectives and timelines.
- This position will likely require domestic travel as well as international travel to Asia and Europe (a valid passport is required).
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Shipping/Receiving, Sales, and Customer Service to prevent, anticipate, and resolve quality control issues.
- Management – as this position grows in responsibility, managing other technicians and engineers will become a critical responsibility.
- Maintain documentation including: Standard Work Procedures, BOMs,Deviation Requests, Engineering Change Notices, etc.
- Stay up to date with innovations in the bicycle industry.
- Be a representative of Cane Creek to people outside the company in a manner consistent with Cane Creek’s brand and core values.
- BSME or equivalent
- Significant (5+ years) experience with fluid systems (hydraulic/pneumatic, static and dynamic seals, surface finish requirements of dynamic fluid components, preferably experience with hydraulic shock absorbers.
- Professional level capabilities in 3D CAD software (SolidWorks a plus; analysis skills a plus) and PDM systems
- Professional level experience with ERP systems and BOMs
- Strong engineering analysis and problem solving skills with an appreciation for long term robust solutions.
- Motivated, self-starter able to be independently productive in open environment
- Able to “wear many hats” in a mid-sized corporate role
- Able to manage multiple project tasks efficiently and prioritize based on long-term schedules
- Hands on approach to engineering (mechanically inclined)
- Good communication skills
Salary commensurate with experience and potential.
Reports to: CNC Manager
The CNC Mill Operator is responsible for producing machined parts by setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) mill machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; maintaining equipment and supplies. The operator will handle day to day operations of the CNC mills in order to both enhance and increase part production. Load and unload parts from the CNC machine and make minor adjustments to set-ups and programs as needed. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Read and interpret prints
- Program from prints
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Determine work-holding requirements
- Manufacture fixtures when required
- Select correct tooling based on part requirements
- Inspect parts to print using a variety of gages
- 5 years of experience programming, setting up, and operating CNC machines for precision parts
- Experience with Solid Works CAD
- Experience with Cam Works CAM
- Other CAD/CAM experience is a plus
- Experience with 5 axis CNC mills
- Experience with conventional mill and lathe machines
- Mazak CNC lathe experience
Reports to: Director of Operations
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes by continually analyzing manufacturing methods.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment. This includes but is not limited to fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout for maximum efficiency.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing in-process and finished goods and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; review production schedules; estimate future requirements.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Consult with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Consult with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Provide information both upstream and downstream as to current issues and opportunities and how the current state may affect the future state.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with applicable government regulations.
Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service as required.
- Maintain product and process data within an ERP environment.
- Consult with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment and materials related to production and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
A four year degree is preferred but candidates with a proven track record will be considered. The successful candidate must be familiar with Lean Manufacturing methods and be able to utilize lean tools to perform continuous improvement programs. Job roles include but are not limited to dealing with complexity, communication, leadership, and supervision. A broad understanding of cycle times, time studies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), process control and internal corrective action is beneficial. The Manufacturing Engineer must be willing to excel in and be excited by a high velocity team environment that lives in a state of change and evolution. An esprit de corps attitude and a spirit of honesty and integrity are required.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office is required with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Experience with ERP and MRP is required
- Knowledge of Quality Control processes
- The ability to manage and motivate others
- 4 years of experience in a manufacturing engineer role